Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Movies

from the last couple of days

* Toilet, 2010
This is a Japanese movie, but the whole story is constructed by English. I am a big fan of Naoko Ogigami, director of "Glasses" and "Kamome Diner". Her movie touches me deeply and gives me calm feeling with gigglling. Anyway i had no idea that the washlet is the renovation of Japanese technology. Three important things-Sewing machine, Gyoga, and Air guitar- connecting Grandma and Ray, Mori, and Risa meaned a lot.

* 墮落天使: Fallen Angels, 1995
I couldn't believe that i had never seen and even noticed "Fallen Angels". I should have seen this more earlier.

* Nowhere Boy, 2009
This is a story about real John Lennon, though i realized just after when Paul McCartney appreared at the movie. I was absolutely wrong. I thought that "Nowhere Boy" would be talking about youth and love under the John Lenon's music. I liked the outfits of Mimi especially pastel knitwear(where can i get this lovely colored knit-blouse) with pearl necklaces. Two of the most memorable scean, One is the garden party and the other is sunbathing.

* Lovely, Still, 2008

I just came back from watching 'Loving, Still'. Black blazer and red tie - perfect! The white sneakers of Robert, the red ugg boots of Mary and the fluttering red floral leaves - perfect!! sweet, lovely movie. What a wonderful romance of old people! Perfect for christmas, perfect for warming your mind. Did you know the director of the movie? He is only 23 years old. There is no reason not to love Nicholas Fackler.

No comments: